- Global trends and globalization in hospitality, tourism, leisure, sports and culinary arts
- Future development in hospitality, tourism, leisure, sports and culinary arts
- MICE industry
- Medical tourism and health
- Culinary tourism
- Tourism and celebrity, fashion, brand
- Brand management
- Tourism, culture, civilization, history
- Tourism and transportation
- Tourism and hospitality education
- Tourism and religion
- Tourism and economy
- Tourism and social network
- Service management
- Green and environmental issues in hospitality, tourism, leisure, sports and culinary arts
- Hotel and restaurant management
- Hospitality human resource management
- Consumer behavior in hospitality/tourism
We are pleased to announce that the 15th APacCHRIE Conference 2017 is proudly hosted by STPBI University and welcome you to Bali, Indonesia, the paradise island, the land of thousand temples, and rich cultural heritage.
- Preliminary Call for Papers
- Who Should Attend
- Submission Deadlines
- Best Paper Award
- Registration Fee
Youth Conference8th APacCHRIE Youth Conference 2017 with the theme of “Hospitality and Tourism Opportunity and Challenges among the Youth” will also be held at the same time. The conference aims to develop the students as young leaders the necessary skills and knowledge to further enhance their competencies, as well as to expose them to the various opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.
- Researchers and educators
- Postgraduate and advanced undergraduate students
- Directors and administrators of hospitality, tourism and events programs
- Hospitality, tourism and events practitioners and representatives
- Industry consultants and investors
- Regional organizations with interests in hospitality and tourism
- Tourism policy makers and national, regional and local tourism industry employees
Submission Deadline (Abstracts / Full Papers) by 1st March, 2017Submission Final Version (Paper Revision) 15th April, 2017
|#||CHRIE Member||Non-CHRIE member|
|1||Early Bird (On or before May 6, 2017)||330||430|
|2||Regular (After May 6, 2017)||380||480|
|3||Students (On or before May 6, 2017)||300||330|
|4||Students (After May 6, 2017)||330||380|
|7||Youth Conference (On or before May 6, 2017)||100||120|
|8||Youth Conference (After May 6, 2017)||120||140|
- Innovations of hospitality/tourism and sustainability
- Innovation systems and the geography of innovation (national, international, others)
- Marketing channels, issues and transformations/new trends of marketing channel in hospitality/tourism
- Transformation of distribution channels and contemporary issues
- Destination branding and promotion
- Rural tourism and green tourism
- Public-private partnerships
- Competition and cooperation
- Community resilience and social capital
- Tourist experience and human interactions
- Language, culture, and globalization
- Social innovation and sustainability
- Knowledge economies, knowledge management
- Strategic organization and management
- Ethics, leadership, and corporate social responsibility
- Social work and social development
- Other papers related to the theme of the conference
- Sustainable tourism
- Tourism and sports
- Registration & Submission
- Formatting and publication
- GUIDELINE FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
- GUIDELINE FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
Submission & Registration Information
First, Register and Submit your Paper(s) through easychair. Proceed to easychair using the link bellow to submit your paper. Submissions must be made to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apacchrie2017. If you already have easychair account, you don't need to register again on easychair, just click the link and login using your account and submit your paper.
Please use the template provided above for your First Submission Abstract and Final Submission accordingly.
Next, your paper will be reviewed by our international reviewers. If there is any revision from the reviewers, then you should re-upload your revised version of the paper within your easychair member area. Use the Final Submission template.
After your paper has been accepted and you receive Acceptance Letter, please proceed to register for the conference on our website. We need your complete profile to be able to welcome you accordingly. You can manage your conference profile on your member area./ Register for the conference
If you wish to register as participant only, without presenting any papers, please proceed directly to register for conference using the link above or click here.
Two types of submission are invited: Working papers (in the form of a 1200 word extended abstract), and full papers of 3000 – 4000 words.
Full papers should present completed research projects, whereas working papers may provide an overview of research in progress.
Submissions must be original and should not be already published nor under review for publication elsewhere.
Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
Authors are welcome to submit two or more papers if they wish.
Once the submission is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present at the conference.
Papers will be presented in either oral (i.e. stand-up presentation) or poster form. Authors should state their preference within conference member area, but the organizing team will make the final decision.
Authors will retain full copyright of their work and the conference organizers make no claim on copyright.
Formatting and publication
Please use the attached abstract and full paper templates (files) located above.
Submissions must be in English. However, if you need help translating into English, please let us know.
Papers that do not meet the stipulated formatting requirements, or are not adequately revised, will not necessarily be published in the conference proceedings.
Submissions should be typed in Times New Roman 12 point (or 10 point for tables), single-spaced, and justified to the left margin only. One-inch margins should be used.
Headings should be in bold. Main headings should include an introduction, literature review, methodology, results & discussion, and references. Main headings should be centred on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin in italics without numbering.
Six keywords should be provided to reflect the subject matter.
References should be in APA 6th.
Submissions should be accompanied by a title page with the title, keywords, author names and affiliations.
Submissions must be in Word and identifying information removed for blind review (go to File, then Properties, and remove the author and company names).
Accepted papers will be distributed to delegates on CD-ROM or USB drive (with ISBN) .
GUIDELINE FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
One presentation will be 15 minutes in total: a 10-minute presentation and a 5-minute question and answer session. The outline of oral presentation includes introduction/ rationale, brief literature review, research methodology, results, discussion, conclusion and recommendations.
Audio/Video Elements in Computer-Based Presentations.
Any audio or video files that will be incorporated into the presentation must be included when submitting the PowerPoint presentation file. Please begin all file names with paper ID number followed by your last name and first initial. Please include the first few words the tittle or slide number if it is a video file. Each presenter should bring USB containing ppt file.
Equipment and Presentation Tips
A laptop computer, audio line, laser pointer and LCD projector with screen will be provided. The primary contributors to an effective technical presentation are (a) technical content, (b) visual aids, (c) facilities and (d) skills of the speaker. The tips given below should be helpful to speakers in improving their presentations. Remember that the presentations can differ from the proceedings paper and that the presentation gives the author an opportunity to discuss and emphasize highlights of the work, which may not be possible to do in the proceedings version.
GUIDELINE FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
The official language at the poster session is English..
The header on the poster contains the title, the author’s name, affiliation(s), and email address.
The contents of the poster must contain the objective, methods, results, discussion (with illustrations (e.g. figures, tables, charts or graphs)), and references along with acknowledgement.
The poster should be in A0 format size. A0 paper size is 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 46.8 or approximately 84 cm wide and 120 cm high. No further font size(s) are set. In addition please bring the printed poster with you.
Printout of your ppt slides (15-20 slides) can be attached on the poster.
The poster presenter must be in attendance at their poster to explain it, answer questions and discuss ideas with viewers during the poster session.
- The presenter will be responsible for providing all of their own materials.
The following guidelines also apply:
Posters should be made of lightweight materials.
The presenter will be responsible for setting up and taking down their presentation materials. All set-ups must be completed before the start of the conference.